Morini problems

i just got a morini one peed to run...sort of. it only runs when the choke is engage and dies as soon as i pull it to a full throttle, any suggestions

Re: Morini problems

Speed

Probably a fuel delivery problem. Start at the banjo filter on the side of the Dellorto carb,OR remove the float bowl to see if fuel is flowing thru needle valve when float lowers.(Suggestion:while you have the float bowl off,unscrew the main jet and clear it if it's clogged.)

If fuel is restricted at banjo filter,work backwards to the fuel valve on the tank(it has a screen on it up in the tank which can clog and you get no fuel to the carb. don-ohio (:^)

fuel is definently getting through the banjo filter and the needle because they were both saturated the jet is clear, i think that it might be an air box problem or maybe i need to rejet, i am not sure though...

You should start with a carb cleaning. My Morini has had very similar problems that were fixed this way. It will only take a few minutes and then you will know that it is a different problem. Another thing that you should check is your inline fuel filter (if you have one) and the fuel filter in your petcock. Give them a good spray with carb cleaner or just replace them.

On a side note, do you have the M1 or the M01? The M1 is reed valve, while the M01 is piston ported.

Brian

pretty sure its not reed vavle, and ive cleaned the carb several times, there is nothing wrong with the fuel line or filter and i have no filter on the petcock that goes up into the tank. i most likely need to upjet at this point.

You need to remove your Delorto carb and check the idle jet first. It will run lean and not idle unless it's open.

i mean it idles, but with the choke engaged, its when i pull the throttle wide open that it dies.

sounds like the carb is gummed up and dirty, you'll need to clean it out well.

Always replace spark plug,too. They have ways of acting up and causing weird problems. don-ohio

is your exhaust clogged? And do you have at least the metal mesh airfilter on the carb? Mine wouldnt start without an airfilter and an airbox on it

my spark plug is new, but ill replace it anyways. i have half of a new exhaust and half of an old one, so half is clean and half is dirty, the air box and the metal mesh are all there too. today i re-jetted to one size bigger and it ran a little better, again it runs fine with choke on and and now if i pull the throttle wide open it will run stable but anywhere between full throttle and choked it dies. so i guess i either ride it with the choke or take turns at full throttle. but before i do that ima keep up jetting. what do you think?

I would dump the gas-oil mixture & replace with new. replace the plug, pull the "adj" screws spray a "cleaner" to "degunk". jets & such are a physical change in the fuel system, running the choke 1/2 on or full on shows a need to "pull" gas in. It is a complex but simple problem, start at A & go to Z it'll run ...was built to run. lawn mowers are a pain too...LOL. most small engines are a pain (just symathizin with ya) .

word

you sure you aren't leaking air in somewhere? Try removing the head gasket, not the one for the actual cylinder, just for the cooling head the plug goes in. If it isnt getting enough gas, maybe it is because an air leak is letting it get too much air?? While it is idling but not hot yet, spray starting fluid everywhere there is a gasket. If there are any air leaks the RPMs will go up from the starting fluid getting in there. And what plug are you running? Bh6s is the recommended, but on my morinis I ran B7hs and got much better results.

i hadnt thought of that and it could very easily be the problem, ill try thanks.

Ben Van Zoest /

You said it runs better w/ a bigger jet, meaning I doesn't get enoughg w/ the origional. The 'sprayer tube' not really a jet

has two holes the top smallest is were the dirt collects. As rpm and vacuum increases the fuel demand is met by the tiny top spayer as the Delortho manual discribes. Perhaps you should direct your thoughts to that aeria.

On the other hand you maybe fouling the plug with the overly rich starting attempts.

ill take a look

i tried the starter fluid idea and the rpms didnt go up but the engine shut down completely, so i guess there is a hole or tear in a gasket somewhere, but maybe im running to rich? it doesnt seem likely but it might be right.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account