puch 2-speed starter cable

i found this bike, the starter cable was all stripped and eventually failed. so, where can you find one of these? is it interchangable with any other cables? and, is there a proper way to run the cable from the transmission to the handle, because whoever had it before me messed it up bad, like it would engage when you turned the handlebars.

Re: puch 2-speed starter cable

You need to look at the online manual at www.mopedriders.com for the 2-speed. www.ikesbikes.com or 1-937-515-0605, or www.mopedwarehouse.com will probably have a brand new one to fit it. don-ohio (:^)

if you file down the bead on a brake cable you can make it fit. i actually take the brass cap off and widen the hole a little so i can fit in really thick brake cables. the ZA50 requires A SHIT LOAD of tension on the cable to start it unlike the E50 and they snap alot. if you put in a thicker gague cable you wont have that problem.

update--- i i took a brake cable and used that - didn't file the bead at all, i just drilled the brass starter bolt/ assembly so the cable could fit. it was really easy actually

good job ty

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account