Re: how to put the carb back together on 78 puch m

jswatts /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I'll try: the slotted circle slides onto one of the notches on the needle. usually the second from the top, but you may have to adjust to get the mixture right for your maxi. the other circular washer sits atop the first, and both fit into the slide (cylinder). the spring sits in the cylnder atop the 2nd washer. at this point I've attached to top-piece of the carb, fitting the throttle cable through the various peices and to the bottom of the cylinder. I'd then attach the choke slide and fit the assembled top to the rest of the carb. careful to line up the slot in the throttle slide with the little guide in the main carb body. tighten the screws and check to make sure the various pieces move like they're supposed to. make sense? do a search for the shop manual for the maxi, I think it has a blow-up of how all the pieces fit together. good luck.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account