how to put the carb back together on 78 puch maxi

Help we are trying to put my carb back together. The picture is of the parts of it. I found a video online but the parts dont seem to be quite the same. Please help where to these parts go expecially the 2 round parts and needle at the top left in the pic.

how to put the carb back together on 78 puch maxi

I'd help but there's no pic.

Re: how to put the carb back together on 78 puch m

trying again if this does not work give me your e-mail addy I got a different computer and dont think I have it anymore

1159816797_100_0720.jpg

Put the needle clip onto the needle and drop it into the slide. You will notice indents in the slide where the needle clip fits, without blocking the hole for the throttle cable.

Then drop in the silver washer type thing and tap the slide untill it seats sitting on top of the indentions.

The throttle slide has a notch where it fits into the carb body so it has to be in the right position or it won't slide in.

http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/saabsonettguy/Moped%20Stuff/Bing%20carb/?action=view&current=bing3.flv

Sorry about the music, I didn't think the camera would pick it up that loud.

Heres the breakdown http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/puch/sm/puchsm057.jpg

Grey

I'll try: the slotted circle slides onto one of the notches on the needle. usually the second from the top, but you may have to adjust to get the mixture right for your maxi. the other circular washer sits atop the first, and both fit into the slide (cylinder). the spring sits in the cylnder atop the 2nd washer. at this point I've attached to top-piece of the carb, fitting the throttle cable through the various peices and to the bottom of the cylinder. I'd then attach the choke slide and fit the assembled top to the rest of the carb. careful to line up the slot in the throttle slide with the little guide in the main carb body. tighten the screws and check to make sure the various pieces move like they're supposed to. make sense? do a search for the shop manual for the maxi, I think it has a blow-up of how all the pieces fit together. good luck.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account