79 motobecane 50v - ignition problem

I have a 79 motobecane 50v. Was running decently. One day it was hard starting in the rain and now it wont start at all.

I think the points need adjustment. Does anyone know where these are located and how to get at them? Its a variable transmission.

thanks,

dave

Re: 79 motobecane 50v - ignition problem

ಠ_ಠ Jon Folks ಠ_ಠ /

They are behind the flywheel(right side of the engine). So are you not getting a spark anymore? Be sure to check the spark plug before you start messing with the points. And just clean the points first before you start resetting them.

i already checked and cleaned the plug as well as turned over the engine to check for spark, and i dont get anything at all for spark, i figured they were behind the flywheel, but i dunno how to get that off. Theres nothing to get leverege against...

dave

you need a new condenser, left hand thread on the square nut. coil up some rope into the spark plug to stop the motor from turning or use a strap wrench. Search motobecane condenser here

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account