Float for a Motobecane 50v

Does anyone know where I can get a float for a Motobecane 50v, and does anyone know what kind of carb is on a 50v?

Re: Float for a Motobecane 50v

See Ya Moped Army /

in the Buy/Sell forum.

send me your address and I'll ship one out no charge. The motobecane uses a gurtner carb, once the needle gets bent it is impossible to get it to seal again.

damn, I wish I checked this sooner, I just ordered one from mopedwarehouse for $20.. I still need a condenser for it too, i'd be happy to take one of those off your hands haha.. Well thanks anyways.

send me your address and I'll ship you one

Hey daytripper....My motobecane is short one ignition coil... ;)

Hey my rear mags are dusty can you send me some too!!!

But you know , you may be on to something. The buy sell is good but the barter system would only cost the shipping . I think A lot of people have some stuff they don't need and don't necessarily want to turn it into cash , just something useful. Hmmmm.....maybe I'll post the Idea

Hey your mike dane, I just bought this moped that needs a float and condeser from you, and refused to give me a refund, why would you send me the parts?

I sold you the moped in good faith. I had no way of knowing that the engine would quit on you and would like to do my best to make it right. This Motobecane was the easiest starting and best running one I have ever owned. It is not uncommon to have a moped breakdown unexpectantly. I am not going to be bullied by your old man on this matter. If he wants to take me to court over a moped deal I'm in. I am a reasonable person and know that you probably just want a moped that runs and I'd like to help you out. Since I have just about any part on that moped both new and used it is no sweat off my balls to send them your way to help get you up and running. If you lived closer or brought me the ped I'd fix it for free too.

See Ya Moped Army /

This is the reason why I don't sell anything to minors.

Good call Larry. The thing is his old man is a mechanic. How long would it take to change out a condenser on a motobecane even if you never saw one before? I'm sure the float got damaged trying to get the thing running but not a big deal. I know I'm not the only dad who likes to help out his kids once in a while, some dads are just too busy I guess.

yeah and by the way we could have easily taken you to court and won because you sold it to a minor, but I didn't want to because I just wanted to get it running, and we finally did tonight.

And you weren't too into helping when I called you the day it broke down.

See Ya Moped Army /

For Christ Sake, it's a 25 year old machine. They break down. Any moped can be running great one day and not running the next. It's not the Seller's fault. It's just the way it is. If you didn't want problems, you should have bought a new moped with a warranty.

Kyle: When you called I was right in the middle of something that needed my urgent attention. Sorry I was cold at that moment. When I got home and saw your post I understood what was going on and offered to do all I could to help. I'm glad you guys got it up and running now and hope you can enjoy it, just be ready to do more repairs down the road. You still have a free pass with me for parts if you need any. DT

I think that it is QUITE a coincidence that it would break down the next day... Maybe the seller didn't ride it for long distances, which they should do before selling. He probably road it for about 5 minutes, said it ran fine and stated that it ran fine, which is a false statement... Don't say something runs unless you ride it for over an hour with NO problems, because that is false advertising.

See Ya Moped Army /

Unless you get a warranty, all sales of 20+ year old mopeds are "AS IS". It's up to the Buyer to get the bike inspected before purchasing. "Runs" means runs. It doesn't matter whether it was run for an hour or 5 minutes.

I have a tray with 10 NOS condensers. It would take me 15 minutes tops to change one out.If that ped had hiccuped on me I would have changed it out, I know that they go bad. To suggest that I KNEW that the bike would break down is absurd. You are acting like I sold you a car with a bad head gasket and used stop leak to get it to run long enough to get out the driveway. I wish I had the time to ride a moped for two or three hours. Fact is I have never ridden any moped for an hour, however, I have worked on yours for several. Thanks for the lesson.

See Ya Moped Army /

I can't emphasize this enough......Never sell to minors.

I agree, minors barely have enough cash - they do work hard for it but they expect a brand new product when buying used and can't afford any consequences. They don't get it sometimes . I always give/get a signed receipt stating sold as is with mom or dad present (real extreme but it saved me twice in small claims court)- especially a car. Seems they never seem to reregister in their name either. The condensors must have a real accurate expiration date so you know which moped to sell first eh ! Don't be bullied I'm with ya .

Taking a chance on one but I agree, minors barely have enough cash – they do work hard for it but they expect a brand new product when buying used and can’t afford any consequences. They don’t get it sometimes . I knew a kid who had his car repo-ed and couldn't understand why he still needed to pay the loan off when he didn't have it anymore good thing mom/dad didn't cosign. I always give/get a signed receipt stating sold as is with mom or dad present (real extreme but it saved me twice in small claims court). Seems they never seem to reregister in their name either. The condensors must have a real accurate expiration date so you know which moped to sell first eh !

Don’t be bullied I’m with ya .

See Ya Moped Army /

I have consistently turned down offers from minors to buy peds and parts from me. It is not worth the headache. I do it to protect myself, as well as to protect the minor buyer.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account