this might be a stupid question, but...

if an engine is seized up, is there any fix?

Re: this might be a stupid question, but...

Leon Swarmer /

yes and no. it depends why it is seized, how long it has been seized, how patient you are, and what you are willing to do.

If there is no physical damage like a broken ring or piston bits that have been smashed around, you may be able to get it unseized by just Pulling out the spark plug, filling the cylinder (as much as you can) with marvel mystery oil or your choice of pentarting oils let it sit for a week or two and then try gently to move the flywheel with a strap wrench on it.

Many other options, but I won't go there till you tell us more.

How did it seize and when? What ped?

it's a motobecane 50v

i don't know how it happened, because i bought two non running motobecane 50vs for 100 bucks. i'm not even sure theyre seized, i just have a feeling, andwas thinking about it, and decided i was kind of curious anyways.

Leon Swarmer /

If it is major stuff you can get replacement bits.. I've never had a moto so others can tell you what to do to see if it will turn over, but anyway, just a bit of oil in the spark plug hole isn't a bad idea for any engine that has been sitting. also you can buy new plugs and gap them and check for spark before you put them back in..don't tighten them too tight and rip out the threads though

How do you know they are siezed? can you turn engine with pedals? more info please!

Cleats Onionpockets /

Are they just stuck from being neglected? or did the previous owner, through stupidity or accident, run them without oil in the mixture and seize them that way?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account