not starting, but has spark?

brian /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

my 1977 puch maxi won't run. it has spark and enough of it for it to run. I pushed in the choke and it fired up and ran for about four seconds, then it just cut off like the kill switch was pushed, not gradually dying down like a stopped up carb or no more gas. I pull the plug out and sprayed some brake cleaner on it and that caught fire, but it won't fire when the plug is on the bike. I can't figure out why it's not running. it has spark, feul, and compression. please help me figure this damn thing out.

oh, and I de-restricted my moped too, but it acted up like this before, but before I did the de-restricting, I would just ride around for about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes before it would start. it's wierd like someone is playing with the on/off switch. thanks

-Brian

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account