Puch engine sound HELP

I have a 1980 Puch 2 speed, I put new rings in it,and piston, every thing is ok there, and moped runs great, tops out about 30. But there is a high pitch ticking sound in the engine or transmission, when you excelerate, it goes away. Idle is the worst, sounds like holding a little thin piece of alum in an electric fan. HELP

Re: Puch engine sound HELP

mine also does this, waiting for an answer

Sounds like something rubbing the flywheel?

I think I'm gonna run it till it blows up, it runs great all but that.

I think I got it figured out, the piston I replaced the old one with, is too small, causing piston slap. thanks for your replies.

what size jet are you running? i just got a 1980 puch magnum, and there is a 48 jet in it and i'm only topping out at 24-5

thanks,

-chad

don't know, I would have to take carb off, not ready to do that yet.

Hope you didn't run that smaller piston in there for long.

Cylinder damage may have already occurred.

This happened to me once and boy, I will never for get that.

Ruined a perfectly good cylinder.

I just ordered a new cylender and piston kit from Ike, cheapist any where. Ike's OK and good to deal with. Know any one that might have side covers for this ped, 1980 maxi.

it gets better as u speed up because engine is louder i had similar problem on targa lx but it was clutch, , it had a piece of medal sticking out of it and wore a groove in the cover, now fixed

www.mopedshop.com has covers

if new cylender and piston don't get rid of the noise, I will check clutch. thanks

Take the cards out of your spokes Tom.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account