unleaded gas in a magnum...SCREWED?

Crap! Okay guys, how bad is it that I just put a bunch of unleaded gas into a bone dry magnum xk tank? I haven't had the bike long and I didn't see the decal on the tank warning me not to till just now. It was so faded that I could not read it until I was under direct sunlight. I could just barely make it out. Damn! I already ran it some (and it ran like crap) and now I'm draining the tank. Am I screwed or is this gonna be no biggie? Please help!

Re: unleaded gas in a magnum...SCREWED?

Unleaded gas is what you should put in them. The sticker was to keep people from using white gas (coleman fuel) in them.

Grey

Is the bike oil injected? If not make sure to pre-mix oil in your gas.

Grey

My Maxi has that same tag on it ,i figured that back when it was made unleaded gas was no octane crap but todays high octane noleads are just fine Peaceup Dan

sorry, false alarm. I always used the cheap gas in my other bike and was fine. I just freaked cause I never had a mag or any puch before and that sticker scared me a little. It also repeats the "no unleaded" thing several times throughout the magnum handbook that can be viewed on the moped rider assoc.'s page. I just think it's funny that _that's_ why I thought it was running like shit! Man I have a lot to learn about mopeds and a lot of work to do before this bike's gonna run tough. ahaha

Jason Luther /

everyone sees that sticker and freaks. read the manual and learn from it, puchs are great machines.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account