woodruff key help

Does anybody know the correct size of the woodruff key for the magneto side on a franco morini M01?? I need the exact size because filing/gringing down larger ones isn't working. I have been reading past threads on this, and supposedly you can run it without the woodruff just as long as you really tighten down the flywheel nut?? How tight should I tighten the flywheel nut with a woodruff key in it--as hard as I can or what? Thanx

Re: woodruff key help

Allen Murphy /

Well--you can't, as it provides the timing alignment.

Bet it's a 3mm Woodfuff key, and most cycle shops should have it.

I'll check the size in Tues when I'm @ the shop. Got a MO2 I'm rebuilding.

Al Murphy

Sounds good. I didnt think it would work without it either, but have been hearing that it's a pressure fit on a tapered shaft, so thought it might be possible. Hey let me know that size when you can. Thanx

for anybody who needs this info, the woodruff key size is 3/32"x3/8" for a franco morini M1 or M01. Probobly for M02 as well.

Leon Swarmer /

thanks for sharing, others may need this.

Leon

Allen Murphy /

Sorry Puff--got REAL busy yesterday!

Al Murphy

no problem, I just needed to find a place that sold them that small. Once I found that, I just bought like 20 of the things because they're only like 30 cents. That's right all you math whizzes----that means I spent $6. Amazing how a 30 cent piece the size of a pinkie fingernail clipping can make your ped either run or not, and run it does.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account