Franco morini ignition wiring...

Hi there!

I'm working on a 1978 Intramotor Gloria Verona with a Franco morni engine.

I guess Franco/morini had a couple of different motors that were used in mopeds. Does anyone know which model was used in this bike? The engine number is 09318.

Does anyone know where I can find a wiring diagram for it that includes the ingition system?

My main problem is no spark. The bike appears to have been re-wired, and I'm not sure it was done correctly. There is an external coil with two inputs, and an HV wire out to the spark plug. One of the inputs was grounded when I got the bike, which didn't make a lot of sense to me.

There are three wires running from the stator, red, green and black. The stator has two coils and light blue wires running off the points. The stator says DANS on it and is number 101765.

The red wire has more or less constant power when the engine is turned over. The green appears to be pulsing/points when the engine is turned over.

These wires don't run directly to the coil, instead running into the loom. running a jumper from the green wire to the ht coil, with or without the red wire connected to either of the inputs doesn't create a spark. Neither does connecting it to the blue wire in the loom it looks like it goes to. I'd rather not buy a new coil if that's not the problem.

If anyone has any info on this ped, especially a correct wiring diagram, I'd be forever grateful.

Thanks!

JD

Re: Franco morini ignition wiring...

I don't have a wiring diagram (sorry) but you can tell what kind of engine it is by looking on the bottom of the crankcase on the left side. It should say (after you peel off the layers of dirt) either M01, M02, or M1.

The M01 is the standard one speed, with a piston port intake and no reed valve. The M1 is also a one speed, but does have the reed valve intake. The M02 is a two speed, so you should know if you have that one. I believe that these are the only three, but there might be some more, less common models out there.

Good luck with those wiring diagrams.

Oh, and here's a service manual for the M1:

http://www.mopedriders.org/article_view.php?faq=2&fldAuto=48

I don't know if that will help at all, but a lot of the stuff does apply to the other engines, as long as you know basically what you're doing.

Brian

Thanks!

That helps some.

JD

Jason Luther /

the wiring should all be basiclaly the same. the coil should be grounded to the frame and the black wire from the magneto is the spark power wire. the magneto wires should be matched up with their respective colors in the wiring terminal and there should be a second wiring terminal that deals with the tail lights, again the colors are matched. if the brake switches are closed for some reason and the tail light bulb is blown, it will kill the spark for safety reasons, to let you know the lights are blown. also the kill switch could be grounded or not connected. your best bet is to by-pass the wiring all together and connect the black wire directly to the coil to see if you get a spark. if not start at the plug, plug cap, wires etc to find the problem. dont over look anything

Thanks for your help.

I'm not getting sufficient juice out of that black wire.

A trickle, but not enough to power the coil.

Any idea what other bikes might use the same engine,

and where I could find a wiring diagram for them?

JD

Jason Luther /

here you go. http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/francomorini/m1/francomorinism.htm sorry dude, the red is the spark wire. i have 15 ped wirings running through my head

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account