help with a puch?

so i have a 1979 puch maxi 2.0 horse

i was riding it today and it was fine. i got about 10 miles out, and it just died. no warning, it just shut off. i figured it must be the gas, so i got a ride and filled her up. no good. it starts up fine, and will idle forever, but as soon as i touch the gas, she poops on me.

i was thinking sparkplug and/or carburator. i can get it to run at about half power if i play with the choke a lot, and i tried adjusting the carburator, but no matter how much i adjusted the pin it didn't make any difference at all.

any thoughts?

Re: help with a puch?

did you already change the plug?

that's the plan for tomorrow morning.

could that be the problem? i don't really know a lot about mopeds... it was kind of a guess.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

sounds like running extremely lean? I had the same problem with a 50cc scooter but I dont know if there is a huge difference between 2 stroke motors as far as air to gas necessity

what did you do to fix it?

does it have and airbox on it? have you had any other problems with it? how was it sounding? try changing the sparkplug its gonna help.

if you give gas how does it sound?

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

clean the carb out good.

if i give it gas (while not feathering the choke, even after warmed up) it just dies. immediately. usually it gets louder and faster when you give it gas! but it's the opposite. it just stalls.

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

I restricted the airway (stock without its huge airfilter it was way too lean) with pantyhose and it worked like a charm

clean the carb and gas tank screens IE: old PUCH = Gas tank full of shit+ cloged carb \ no inline filter =no run---- See simple Math Peaceup Dan

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account