Motobecane Mobylette Spark Plug Problems

I just got a Motobecane Mobylette. I had to detatch the spark plug in order to mess with the decompression valve. I fixed the decompression valve up really good, but the spark plug system in this bike is way wierd and different than other bikes that I have dealt with. The Question:

How do I attache the spark plug correctly on a Motobecane Mobylette(not so much the spark plug itself, but the part that clips on top that I don't know the name of.)

Re: Motobecane Mobylette Spark Plug Problems

John, is it a metal boot that covers the whole top of the spark plug? That just presses on. If it's a little ring that goes around the terminal, then you can unscrew the terminal tip and slide the ring off. That's the style that came on my bike, I thought it was some kind of crimp and I cut the plug wire before I figured out that the terminal came apart. If you have the boot, I think you're supposed to use it with the tip of the terminal removed.

Now I have the boot style, but I'm having problems with that... vibration or else arcing seem to be eating away at the brass contact inside the boot, and there are brass-colored flecks all over the head. The hole in the contact is way to big to fit tightly on the terminal now.

Ok John, I really think I can help you on this one. I have a Mtobecane Cady that I worked on for a while to get a spark, a Cady is very similar to the Mobylette. Anyways I believe that part that clips to the bottom of the gas tank, above the motor is known as a Hyper-Tension coil. I purchased a universal one online. As for hooking it up I believe it need to be in contact with the tank, and it needs a grounding wire. good luck

just push the boot onto the spark plug, and the spark plug wire into the high tension coil (under the tank). thats it!

I bought the B6HS spark plug but the piece it fits into doesn’t connect at all… it just sits on top of it. I don’t know the name of that piece so I attached a picture of it. Any help? When I purchased it, the problem with it was that it "did not spark." Any ideas? I cleaned out the carb. and now I’m trying to get the spark plug to fit correctly.

1156282097_98_1.jpg

I got it... you have to unscrew the tip of the spark plug. Still does anyone ideas about getting it to spark?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account