Re: 80 sachs 505/1a

Mike Bartell /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

The least fatal diagnosis: Sometimes if a moped with a sachs motor gets tipped over on it's left side fluid will leak up and out where the cable housing is and dibble out the cable housing. It kind of depends on how bad the leak is.

The crank seal going out and having transmission fluid leak out really would be bad, but thinking about it not too likley- I have to apologize I've been kind of doom and gloom lately.

As for using anything but some sort of Automatic transmission fluid in the transmission on a sachs, I have to know where you heard this. BJ at handybikes is the one who told me years ago that you could use either fluid, and he uses type F. Since they were the company that started importing Sachs to the US, that's what I go with.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account