76 Puch...running great...now NOTHING

I just picked up a 76 Puch a few days back, cleaned the carb SEVERAL times, finally on the 6th attempt it fired up and ran great. Rode for a good half hour before parking it. This was two days ago. Today I go to ride, fires right up, but this time a LOT of white smoke came from the exhaust. I ran for about half a block before the smoke went away. I'm riding some more, not even 5 minutes, and it starts to bog down on me. I go to give it gas, and it bogs worse. Eventually it dies. I park, prime and choke the carb, and it starts again. I go for about half a block, and it does the same. So I repeat, until I get back to my shop. This happens about 5 times. When there I fire it up on the kickstand, and I could rev it ALL day if I wanted to and it would run great. NEVER once did it die when on the stand. I went to ride again, and same thing happened. ANY idea what this might be? Should I clean the carb once more? What was with the smoke? Why will it run on the stand but not with me on it? ANY help would be great. THANKS!

Re: 76 Puch...running great...now NOTHING

See Ya Moped Army /

Check the compression.

How do I do that? From what I can tell, the compression is good.

Anyone got any ideas? PLEASE let me know. thanks

Ok now I am looking pathetic. ANYONE please help?????

well if you dont have a compresssion gauge you can pull the plug then out your finger over the hole and turn the pedals, it should come close to pushing your finger off

And if it does, then what? Compression seems fine to me.

Why does it run great when on the kickstand? But when I go to ride, it bogs down...any idea why this happens? Fuel problem? Air leak? What?? Like I said, compression is good.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account