new guy mistake

teemoney20 /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I'm wondering if i have, well, screwed my puch. I'm sure that's funnier to me than it is to all of you. While cleaning the fuel tank/petcock on my puch, I'm wondering if I destroyed the petcock. I pulled off the lever and took it apart to the point where I could see all 3 of the ports. There was a lot of gunk on the sliding part, so I took that and cleaned it all out, but then before a complete rational thought went through my head, I reached into the petcock and cleaned out all of the gunk around the three ports, to the point where I could see shiny metal underneath. I'm sure some of you see where this is going. Well, I put it back together, and now it leaks out of the bottom of the petcock. Did I mistakingly remove a gasket that I thought was old gas???

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account