fixed it everybody gets one geuss

Ok I fixed the stalling when I apply the brakes problem and everyone gets one shot at what it was you wont believe it peaceup Dan

Re: fixed it everybody gets one geuss

is it because you are a homosexual?

hhaha just messin dude

fixed it everybody gets one geuss

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

Bad bulb? Jim

kenneth NO, Steam boat wrong! next!!

come on think about it you will never guess what it was

your break light switch was wired to act like like a kill switch?

ummm --

front or back brake or both?

front brake guess-- cabling issue was causing the kill switch to be grounded out

back brake - loose ground wire on break light was touching frame and killing it

nope

nope! next!

Ok I cant stand it anymore you ready for this ???? it was

tell us damit

just bustin them people . the spark plug gap was way out evidently causing the brake lite to take just enough juice so the spark couldnt jump the gap ,I know who woulda thunk it ? I got out my old plug and held them up together and you could actually see the difference in the gap,lesson to be learned dont just put the new plug in check the gap ,and I just didnt put two and two together ,thinkin back it started about the same time I tuned it up and anyway why would you thiink the plug gap had anything to do with the brake light ,all that wasted time checking my wireing harness over and over again , thanks to every one who tryed to help . it was just afreak thing that i decided to check the plug ,live and learn huh peaceup Dan

look at my last post I told all

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

I thought all mopeds had a separate lighting coil but apparently not. Jim

Steamboat, my Moby definitely has separate lighting and ignition coils, but that didn't prevent it from running erratically when the lighting wire broke... see my post here. I'm still scratching my head over this... any ideas would be appreciated!

Ben Van Zoest /

Sometimes we are our own worse enemy!

Yeah, I thought the same thing, so I checked out a wiring diagram for a Maxi. It seems we're both right on this - there is a separate coil for the stop light, but it shares a ground with the ignition circuit, so I guess it is possible for the stop light to weaken the spark to the point that it won't jump a wide gap. Verrry interesting.

Im tellin ya it drove me buggy , peaceup dan

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account