Bing Carburetor problems on 78 Kreidler Flory

Ok, so here it goes. I just bought a 78 Kreidler Flory and I've run into a problem or two that I need some help on. This is my first moped , I'm learning as I go.... so be gentle hahah.

The bike ran ok when I first got it but would bog with the throttle at full force. I cleaned out both the exhaust and the Carburetor (here's where the problems start). While cleaning the bing I removed the throttle slide ( A beginners mistake) and the whole thing popped apart on me. I put it back together which was a bitch and a half and closed her up.

Today I attempted to take the bike to work only to find that it lacked any real power. I could get it started after way too many attempts but the engine was sputtering and black crap sputtered out the exhaust (could be loosened debris from carb cleaner I sprayed in there).

I don't know what the problem really is here but it could have something to do with.

the fact that I wasn't sure what the default notch was for the throttle pin so I settled somewhere in the middle. I don't know .... Please help.

Re: Bing Carburetor problems on 78 Kreidler Flory

I sounds like there is something in the jets.

Take it apart and clean it again.

The needle in the middle clip is a good start.

Check the float needle installation.

I have my needle set on the top notch! it runs ok but would it increase the top end if i moved it to the middle?

In theory, the needle position only effects the mid-range and the main jet effects the top end.

By raising the needle you will richen up the middle. Give it a try to see what happens

so bigger main jet more top end? in theory!?

Cool, Thanks everyone. It's fixed. Now I have an unrelated electrical problem. The tail light keeps blowing out. I think I'm gonna add a resister.

I had just put something together wrong but another user linked me here.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4755668723960361535&q=moped+expert+village

It's a bunch of walk through videos on cleaning out your carb reassembleing it and such.

Once again thank you.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account