CALLING ALL EXPERTS! 78 PUCH MAXI STALLS!!

ok, my freinds 78 maxi (just got on friday) starts up great, runs great at first beautifully for about 2 mins, then it just stalls when i go faster then 25 for longer then a minute. when it stalls and i turn the throttle, it turns off compleatly. but if i dont touch the throttle when it starts to stall and let it go, it stays at the speed it is at, but then if i turn the throttle again, it stalls compeleatly out. i checked the carb compleatly and the cylander and the piston/rings, they are fine. i adjusted the idle, throttle cable, and checked the gas tank for any random chunks of something, it is fine. gas line is clean, petcock is clean. i have tryed 2 different spark plugs, same result each time. i am thinking it has to do with the timing (magneto??)

any ideals people??!!

thanks alot for your time, please type back asap.

Re: CALLING ALL EXPERTS! 78 PUCH MAXI STALLS!!

doesnt by any chance stall if you put the breaks on at idle does it? Peaceup Dan OH make sure your exhaust isnt full of crap ,maybe nowhere for exhaust to go at higher speeds

check where gas goes into carb. take off inlet fitting . banjo it comes out in two pieces and inside is a very small srceen! clean it . maybe that it. alot of poeple miss it.

My maxi does the same thing. Except it will run for a half an hour before it does it. And my idle falls a little when I put the brakes on...hmmm. Electrical? I am in the process of rebuilding it. I will check that stuff to and get back to you guys...

-Rader

condenser

I had a similar problem... when it died, it sounded like fuel starvation. Turned out that the fuel line had become soft, and when the engine heated up, the fuel line started leaking where it attached to the fuel valve! Once it cooled down, it ran okay again. Short term solution: a hose clamp; long term solution- new fuel line and a hose clamp.

try not getting a puch. Just kidding, it's just that I dont have one yet.

oh kenneth, beeee niiiceee..hehe..

I'm just curious, what does the condesor do anyway? And where is it?

-Rader

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account