It doesn't start!

Well, I have spark, and the engine seems to have good compression, but I cannot seem to get the moped to start! I even put a shot of carb cleaner into the engine head to try and jump start it, but nothing. I can hear the engine turning over when I pedal though. It's a 1979 Puch Maxi Sport MK II. Anyone got any ideas?

(>'')>

It doesn't start!

I think you may not be getting fuel to the motor. Clean the carb or replace it, but first check compression with a real compression tester. I heard compression should be at least 120 psi for a 2 stroke. good luck, im working on my moped too. I got spark, compression, but no fuel. Its a carb problem for me. Im going to try that carb cleaner method tomorrow.

Steve

Re: It doesn't start!

It was running fine before, shouldn't be anything different, I guess i could pull apart the carb and clean it out though just to be sure. And the carb cleaner is a good method to kick start the engine sometimes, just be carful you don't seize your engine like I did once, don't use a lot.

(>'')>

ether is also good carb cleaner in my cases seams to bog it down then it fires up, ether is actually for starting up troubled engines cuz it has lower lighting point than gas so it easy to light

But that still doesn't explain it, shouldn't it still give me a small pop or something, I've used this method before and it has worked, but I'm not getting anything at all now.

(>'')>

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account