QT50 oil level

I have a QT 50 Yamahopper I just bought. After cleaning high speed jet it runs great. The engine case a has a cap that I would think was an oil dipstick, but is just a cap. When I look in, things look oily but no oil level. No manual came with the bike. How do I check oil level?

Re: QT50 oil level

hi thats not the engine oil thats the spot were you put your trans oil (10w30) .32qt's or .3 lit

Thanks for that info. Could you tell me if there is a bolt and which one, that I am to remove to check the level?

I dont think they come with dipsticks, you just fill it up untill no more oil can go in it, of course that is when the bike is in its normal position like on its kick stand, dont lean the bike over to fill the whole engine up with oil

iwas wonderin the same but it says motor oil beside the cap then what goes under the seat

The tranny uses 30W engine oil, 1/3 quart. The lowest bolt on the same side of the tranny as the filler is the drain plug. The oil reservoir next to the gas tank is for 2 stroke oil, fill it to the top.

-David

the engin actually doesnt need oil that heavy it only needs 10w 30

shit nm the trans gets the 10w30 the engin gets the 2 cycle oil sry

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account