Headlight/odometer problems

A A /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Greeting Moped enthusiasts,

I have recently acquired a 1982 Motobecane Moby. I would like help in fixing two separate problems I am having.

The first: while the headlight works, it is very faint and the light on the speedometer/odometer has never worked. I can see two wires connected to this, which I assume gives it power, as well as a central attachment, which I believe is what counts the miles/mph, which leads me to my second problem.

Yesterday while riding, the central connection to the speedometer came off and was dragging along the ground for awhile until I noticed it. I tried to reconnect it but could not get it to screw back on, probably just the angle at which I was trying to do it, but I think there should be some cord or piece between the cord and the connection, which may have fallen out while it was dragging. The odometer and speedometer no longer work with the cord off, whereas they were working before.

If anyone has any information about these problems I would be very grateful for your help. Thanks very much and I look forward to becoming an active member with the moped community,

Mike

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account