puch carb

hi, i just got a 1980 puch magnum 2 it is a 2hp 2 speedit has the bing 12mm carb. it has a small problem though the carb leaked and i found it was a loose float bowl. i also cleaned it up a bit but it was really clean already. it blogs down alot and had not alot of power. it only goes about 15-20mph. it has a 54 jet. it also does not idle at all it dies as soon as you let off the throttle. i havnt looked at the exaust yet, but what should i do with that? thanks for the info

-nick

puch carb

Turn in the idle screw to get it to idle higher. As far as the bogging, trial and error will work soe wonders. Take off the air filter - does it run better. Run it without the filter and cover up part of the intake with your finger as you are riding. Does it run better? If so then you are having an air-fuel mixture problem. I'm having the same problem right now. With the stock filter, it doesn't run very fast. With no filter , it's getting too much air. I have found that one layer of pantyhose over the carb intake and held in place with a rubber band, does the trick nicely. Now if I could only find a filter that approximates this! I guess I could stick with the stock filter and downjet too.

Re: puch carb

well, i did run it with out the air filter and it ran almost the same as with a filter. as for the idle screw it didnt do anything, i have to hold the throttle like half way to keep it running. then if i give it full throttle it bogs and dies. i dont get it. if the jet the right size for the stock setup thanks for the info

-nick

Re: puch carb

hey guys, what should the jet size be? its all stock za50 motor right now its 54. replaced the plug and it was nasty. caked with carbon. it still runs the same though. could the exaust really make the proformance that bad? at like 15mph it starts 4 stroking??? thanks much

-nick

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account