Quick Oil Question

I'm sure this has come up a million times here. What is the coorect oil mix ratio for a moped? I just picked up an 84 Motori Minarelli.

Thanks,

Barry

Re: Quick Oil Question

3.2 ouces of oil to 1 gallon of gas 50.1 ratio

Quick Oil Question

Congrats on the purchase. Since you are aware that the question had been asked before and wished not to make an arse of yourself, may I point out the Search function right above your post? Didn't know if you realized it was there. Happy pedding!

Sorry to disagree, Dan, but 3.2 ounces of oil to a gallon of gas yields a 40:1 ratio - it's what I use in my chain saw.

2.6 ounces of oil per gallon of gas yields a 50:1 ratio - it's what I use in my 'peds.

Joe

I got a Minerelli. I am putting new bushings, wristpin, circlips, piston, cylander, sidecovers, front brake lever, speedo cable, and gaskets in it. Drained around $80 from my wallet.

The handbook that came with my bike called for 32:1 gas/oil ratio. Most people run a 40:1 mixture on regular 2 stroke oil and 50:1 on synthetic.

Did not know you could run synthetic...usually there is a sricker that tells the mixture requirements for you bike..then google fueloil mix and it will tell you...always mix in a sep container whatever you mix is! Also I ad the required amount of stabil...(some use sea foam) to every gallon I mix up! Good Luck!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account