Tomos Center Gear?

Im rebuilding my engine i put on the crank and the two bearings well the rear gear behind that that goes on the counter shaft and the sprocket connects to, it moves in and out do u think when i put on my countershaft it will put on tension and keep it pushed out so the sprocket stays off the case? tomos a-35 lx 2003other than that its allright :)

Re: Tomos Center Gear?

So your saying right now the sprocket is on the main shaft and tightened down and you can move the whole thing it in and out of the case?

Grey

Dan Ackroyd /

no without the sprocket or counter shaft on, its just that gear, it went inside the bearing but it still moves in and out but im thinking when i put on the countershaft and the sprocket it should be good. im just worried as always sorry just seeing if its normal.

You put the gear in the case, install the spacer that goes behind the sprocket, the sprocket, lock washer and then tighten the sprocket nut, that keeps it in place. Then it shouldn't move in and out at all.

Dan Ackroyd /

yeah i figured that saabs thxs i was just wondering and worring figured make sure while its still off the frame.

it still will move a little bit, but thats because the case has a bearing in it that pushes all the gears together real tight. The way to test it is just to put the case on with a few screws and then pedal fowards and backwards to test it...don't start it of course, or really crank it, just check to make sure nothing is stuck or grinding

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account