exaust Cleaning

OK i lost it. Its ok to put oven cleaner in the exaust pipe?

I took the pipe off and took the bolt off from the end. Now i have 2 pices, one that come from the engine and ends in threads. and one that the fist one slides into.

So can i spray oven cleaner on the outside and inside of the fist skinny one ?

And can i do it to the fat one too? After should i wash out with water? and spry down with somting or should i just let it air dry??

Thanks too all those that apply

Re: exaust Cleaning

Bump

hello kyle try pooping in it then pee drying it it works all the time for me.

Not helping at all Poopie. Tryed that.

Now someone please give me reall advice?

First off poop will may just clog it more.

I would recommend carb or brake cleaner available at your local auto parts store and just spray the heck out of it. For the baffle you can do the same and use a rag or brass brush to clean it even better. Just let it dry and take off. Freds guide has a lot of good advice as well.

I have soaked mine in gas outside....oven cleaner will work also.

Ok so how long should i let the oven cleaner sit ?? And does it need to be hot fist??

Ok now here is the answer to your question ,after you spray oven cleaner in it , use the no heat kind, just wash it out with the hose and repeata as nessasary I would take the header pipe off the engine before I did this tho as it will f up your engine if it gets in there , or you could use combustion chamber cleaner ,you can get it at your local parts store .

Thanks dan.

The "No Heat" oven cleaner works great for getting the carbon build up off the head and piston too. I have Sachs, so cleaning the funk out is difficult, esp on the head. I oven cleanered it and kept rinsing 5 or 6 times and it all came out like magic. If I only had a 10mm deep well socket I'd clean out my exhaust the same way too.

metal brush, and butane torch.

no chemicals needed.

a brush like a mini chimney sweep brush works great, you can even pust it around corners, and twist

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account