*&#$& grande wiring/spark issue

Hanky B /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

I've tried everything I can think of to get this spark, including wiring up a totally new harness (already wanted to, just seemed like the right time to do it) and replacing condensor, points, and ignition coil. The only hope I have left is in a funny wiring diagram

"grande diagrams":http://www.mopedriders.org/html/manuals/piaggio/grandeap/grandeap.htm

(pages 11 & 12)

On the diagram it looks as though the red wire should be coming from the coil with thinner magnet wire and more "turns", and the blue wire should be coming off the coil with thicker magnet wire and less "turns". However, the way my engine is wired (and this is the way it came, mind you) the blue and red wires are coming off the opposite coils the diagram seems to suggest. Does anyone know if the diagram is just confusing me, or if those wires need to be switched?

If this isn't the issue, I have no idea what to do. Is there maybe a way to check and make sure all the wires carry a current so I know the wirings not bad?

Thanks a bunch,

Hank

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account