Garelli carb...choke stuck?

I have this issue with the carb on my Garelli VIP, when I push the lever to engage the choke you can hear it lock into position, but when I apply the throttle it won't release. I have to remove the two screws on top of the carb and lift a little to get it to in lock it self, I have cleaned and double checked to make sure it is put together properly.

Re: Garelli carb...choke stuck?

Jason Luther /

thats a common problem, sometimes the little mechanism latch thing gets bent ever so slightly so it wont release, ot the choke plate itself gets tweeked

It's a Del carb right?

Remove the air cleaner and screen, observe the choke from the back as the throttle comes up it should contact the choke release, "click" presto.

Is anything bent misaligned not present, in any way not kosher to your eye?

Rusty

Cool let me give that a try and i'll see if it works. Thanks, Daniel

Also make sure the slide goes all the way up when you twist the throttle.. to tell this just pull on the cable as it enters the carb

Yes!

Good point.

I think he will see that from the back.

If it stops going up short of releasing the choke pull the cable up and see if that's it.

The cable could have slipped from the throttle end.

Rusty

So I removed the air screen to look at it from the back, when i engage the choke I can see a small metal tab engage and "lock" the choke into place. What I don't see, is anything to disengae the small metal tab. I put some pressure on the tab with my finger and voila' but I can't seem to figure out how to make the throttle do it for me.

When the throttle slide goes all the way to the top, it pulls the little arm out of the way of the slide. Try adjusting your thottle cable, by unscrewing the barrell adjusters bit.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account