huge tomos problems

i just brought my 99 targa lx for a tune up….the guy put on new fuel line, spark plug, choke, tightened everything….i have been riding it for about 5 days! then about a day ago when i was riding it i take it a block then it starts making a clicking noise….then i pull the brakes so it comes to a full stop and it shuts down!! so i take it home believing that it is flooded and let it sit over night..today i tried to start it and it wont start??? could it be spark plug? i dont think so because he put a new one on…someone please help me!!!!!!!!!

Re: huge tomos problems

check the connection between your plug and the plug cap. if the cap isnt on all the way, it'll make a sort of clicking noise form the spark jumping to the plug. Pull the plug anyhow. It may have been a bad plug, and fouled out. No harm done in checking it out.

bump.... now my targa lx wont even start and it just got a tune up 5 days ago!

John Joedicke /

Take it back and find out what he didn't do right!

i just had it working for 5 days then it started stalling?? i just dont want to take it an hour away then pick it up again...if it is something small i can fix i just want to fix it at home...so anyone!

check fuel and spark take spark plug out and hook up to spark plug harness and hold up against cylinder head when kicking back to start if no spark theres a problem there and again try with spark plug in engine while kick starting and ignition switch off if plug is dry then theres a problem with fuel

Stop crying about it man... you sound like a 5 year old who wants his mommy seriously.

Ok first off listen to people... get a 13/16 Socket Wrench (1/2inch drive preferrebly) pull the black cap off of the cylinder head and spark plug (behidn front wheel). Then put the socket wrench on and turn left (Righty TIghty... Lefty Loosey)... after that look at it? does it look fouled (black) If not its still good... stick the spark plug into the black spark plug cap and rest it on the cylinder head (black metal thingy that spark plug was in) Then pedal the pedals backwords... do you see spark flying from the tip of the plug to the cylinder wall? if its a strong spark then the plug isn't hte problem. Reverese the original steps to put the plug back in.

Then try cleaning your carb... if you really don't know how .... sell the moped.

sell it phhhhh. are you kidding me thats almost a good plan....not!

If you don't know how to troubleshoot... or use the search function... maybe you shouldn't "sell it" but you sure as hell shoudl learn how these things work.

I had a similar problem with my Sprint shutting down, so I brought it to the shop and the problem was in the fuel automix line.

huge tomos problems

Steamboat Aka J. R. Stevens /

ok so i got it started but now when i give it gas it bogs out.....my choke can move up and down by just touching it...can i tighten the choke and will it work then?

John Joedicke /

Take the carb apart and reattach the cable to the slide. You need to look at some drawings of a dellorto 14/12 carb to maybe understand what is required to fix.

I FIXED IT!! i am sooooooo freakin happy!!!! it feels so great....it broke down i fixed it...rode it for 45mins...then broke down again and fixed it again!

hey phil eat poop

poop monster is a tool!

THEPOOPMONSTER /

THE POOPMONSTER IS BACK TELL YOU FRIENDS

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account