puch problem

i have a 77 newport and i got it running for a few days but i wad a wiring problem; the owner before screwed it all up; the horn would go off when ever the lights were on high. so i moved the wire to where i thought it went and it melted the wiring harness abit. i realized it was wrong so i got a new terminal and rewired it properly but now i can't get any spark. my father says he saw a few small sparks but nothing consistent. the plug is new and all the wires are also, i'm not really sure whats wrong, my last guess is the condenser. any suggestions?

puch problem

perhaps condenser. very locial that it could be. could also be dirty points. clean the points.

Re: puch problem

check horn

put some gas in the cylinder and see if it fires if it fires you got spark

Ben Van Zoest /

Well you said it ran a good thing, than you monkeyed with the wires, why? A defective horn may present an open circuit, not good the ignition circuit needs a good horn. Remove and connect the horn wires together, let me know what happens.

the points are fine, i'll try the other suggestions though. i would have just disconected the horn but i was trying to get it ready for an inspection and the wiring was all sorts of screwed up and in my atempt to fix it this crap happened...

Ben Van Zoest /

Get the wiring schematic at mopedriders.com if that would help you.

..just part the bike out..i can use some parts..he he, Just kidding!

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account