Re: now what ..

OK, NOW I call BS.

wtf what are you talking about?

Hey, thats my line. Ok so the cylinder isn't seized anymore,It has compression even though you said the rings were messed up, one of the head studs is broken and theres no spark?

Grey

i got the rings replaced and yes it has compression and nit dosent have spark

Re: ok now what?

Ok, first I'd replace that broken cylinder stud then move on to the ignition. Are the points clean and are they opening when you turn the motor over?

Grey

I thought that you were saying the connecting rod (and not the cylinder stud) was broken and asking if that would affect compression. My mistake - sorry.

i dont know how would i know if there opening

and where can i get a stud?

Take off the flywheel cover and look inside the flywheel assembly through the holes. Find the points on the left-hand side? Turn the flywheel by hand and watch the points. You should see them open and close as the flywheel gets turned around.

is it a noticable open and close and how fast do i need to turn the flywheel

Yes, it's noticable but small.. It's not a matter of turning the flywheel fast, but making sure that you turn it enough to make the points open. Do slow full revolution and watch the points the whole time.

ok there moving its there little plate that moves up and down right?

Tony, I think we need some clarification here. When you say that "it has compression", do you mean:

A.) You used a compression tester and found the compression was greater than 120PSI or so?

B.) Your repair shop told you it had compression?

or

C.) You held your thumb over the plug hole and felt some pressure?

Unless your answer is "A" (or "B", and your shop is trustworthy) you might not have the compression you think you have. Also, how did the shop return your bike to you with a broken cylinder stud?

i didnt bring the whole bike to the shop just the piston i had them replace the rings and my anser is c

Well, it sounds like fixing your spark is the first thing to take care of. But if you get it to spark, and it still won't run, remember that you may not have _good enough_ compression... I've heard that a healthy engine should have at least 120psi of pressure, but you can't measure that with the thumb test. You might only have 75 psi, but that would still be enough to push your thumb off the hole. If there are gouges in the cylinder walls (especially visible gouges above the top of the exhaust port) then you have good reason to suspect low compression.

i think i might have low compression

cuz my buddy came over and looked at the ingntion and moved a few wires around and it has spark

so i think the problem is compression cuz i has fuel air and spark

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account