Puch Magnum question

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

How do I tell which model my magnum is? its an MKII and its got a plug for either a 1.5 or 2.0 hp model so I guess the carb is the only way to tell?

Re: Puch Magnum question

it is a two speed right if so it is a 2hp

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

yes a 2 speed

Nor Cal Mopeds /

converting to a 2hp is easy mait, its really all about the restrictor tube in the air filter, the needle, and the jet, no big deal. you have the mkii for sure with the hydraulic front forks, but i think its a 2hp, 99%sure

some puchs had thicker head gaskets too to decrease compression. hopefully your bike is either a 1.5 or 2 hp. there are a few 1 p magnums which are bad because the INTERNAL gear ratio is geared low. so even if you kitted it. it would overrev. but i think those ones are from texas or something. hp ratings mean nothing on a puch really. do all the work anyone else would do such as cleaning the carburetor taking out restrictors cleaning out pipe derestricting it if its a maxi or getting a new pipe and all the basic mods and you will end up with a 2 or more hp puch

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

Im just trying to tune up my magnum. My moby performs waaaayyyy better than the magnum. Nick i doubt you'll see this but Ill give you a call tomorrow.

Im pretty sure now its a 2hp model but I think its a little slow up hills because of the sprockets.

the sprocket ratio should be 18/40

your moby shouldnt be better than your magnum. somethings up. your magnum has alot of potential. i kitted mine and it rips

🇮🇹💦 Of the Loin /

moby climbs hills better and is better all around. I figured the magnum should outperform it. Both are stock, the moby has the big intake and the big gurtner carb and a 56 rear sprocket. The mag is 18/40

Nor Cal Mopeds /

well the reason the moby takes hill is because the CVT, or variator, it has which is the belt that you see on the left side. variator engines pull a lot better and put power to the ground more efficiently over your standard chain driven motor. Gearing on variators, moby's in particular is not going to be anywhere the same as your puch, they opperate on different principles, honestly, unless anyones knows what they are doing you should not really alter the gearing on a moby. All peds follow the same principle of the fact that bigger in front, smaller in back=more top end speed

vice versa=more lowend. If you wanted more pull on your mag you should switch to like a 14/40 or like 16/45, but it wont be that fast on the flats.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account