Puch gas tank leak

My friend has a late 70's Puch Maxi, recently and almost out of the blue his tank began leaking. It is built into the frame, anyone know a better way to repair than entire new frame?

Puch gas tank leak

Is it actually leaking outside the frame or is it just leaking at the petcock? If it's actually leaking outside the frame, where exactly is it leaking? Curious to know.

Re: Puch gas tank leak

check out POR-15 should fix it.

My '77 Puch has leaked from the petcock(fuel valve) because it doesn't shut off the gas flow. If that's your problem as well, you can find a new one at www.mopedwarehouse.com

weld it shut, just make sure you air the tank out real nice, and if you dont have a wlder try using silicone, not sure if the gas will eat it away it might but its worth a shot

fernando dont tell him to weld it! NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER weld a fresh gas tank. my auto teacher will not do anything gas tank related because the fumes can really fuck with everything. even when its empty! there are professionals who do something like bake it treat it in a way so the gas doesnt remain in the surface of the metal.

thats cuz your auto shop teacher sucks, my would any day and he has before and would do it again, all you need to do is air it out and neutralize it

if you have it open the gas left inside would just light on fire it wont explode because it isnt shut and wont build up that much pressure to blow

i wqoudlnt know but i told someone why not just throw a match in there and let it burn and they said no

Agreeing with Joe here.

I would just use some of the Jbweld on it. Yes if you would leave the cover off and air it out you could weld it. But the air inside could Still have some vapors and and create a flash flame or yes a small boom. Witch could crack the tank worse. And or Cause "Bodly damage and or harm".

So why take the chance? Or just do what you will.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account