Hobbit: I am torn!!!!!

B Nice /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Ok,

As I stated in the previous post (Hobbit Idle (or lack there of)) I gave my hobbit to a friend to fix. Two years prior to this handing over I have cleaned the carb a million times, re-surfaced the inside of the gas tank, put on a new muffler, replaced many spark plugs and slowly figured out a proper oil to gas ratio. Through all this my ped never ran to it's fullest. The ped went from never going to top speed and idleing to never going to top speed and not idleing to not doing anything at all. This is when I felt I was at my mechanical capacity and handed it over to someone I trusted...

Well, he took apart everything (engine, carb, etc) and in doing so never got the electrical stuff (headlights, horn, etc) to work again. After several trys he got the ped running again but with no idle and no reaction to any adjustments made w/ the carb screws. Now, when I crank the ped the horn honks non stop and the ped does not start. (he also admitted to screwing w/ the points)

So after all this my ped is in worse condition than it was when I gave it to him. So, all of you out there reading this what do I do?? I love the Hobbit but I can't stand to go another summer w/out a moped. I can't afford to have anyone fix her and I feel I have exhausted all of my moped technical knowledge. (which by the way consists of everything I have learned here thanks joe w)

Should I part her out?

Sell her as-is?

I have no idea what to do, I want a working ped!!!

Damn,

-B

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account