PUCH: no idle, and its NOT the screw

ok, well i put on new handlebars on my maxi, and they are about 3/4 foot lower than the other ones. It started, idled for a minute, then died. i apply gas and it seems to run good (on the stand)..but the idle its in, its like a weak idle..and the idle screw on the carb dont work worth as damn, all the way in, or out.. dont do nothing. so, i adjsut the throttle idle, and screw that connected to the curvy piece on the carb. and when its almost out, it idles really fast, and when i screw it in all the way, it dies. but then before at times, i didnt die. its wierd. and from all the way out to all the way in, theres no idle speed difference. now, the ped wont start. i think if i put gas in the cylinder and start it it will start, but this idle prob is still there..any ideass????

and top speed isnt too good either, choppy. and when i rode the bike, and sat stoped i idle, i put my feet on the ground, and held the bike steady. i applyed full throttle, and it doesnt take off. i wants to go forward, but the power is weak. and then, i let go of the throttle, and it died.

before, when this bike was going like 30mph, i did this, and it took off, no problem.

?

i mean IT wants to go forward, no i..it wants to go forward..in other words, if i didnt have my feet on the ground, it will take off slowly.

oh, and the carb is clean, good spark. turns over nice. good compression.

Re: PUCH: no idle, and its NOT the screw

have you checkd for vacum leak?

no, whats that?

if it starts take a bottle of carb cleaner and with the straw attachment and spray it were the intake meets the head round the bolts intake to carb connection spray little sprays if theres a leak it should either idle higher or die. is the tip of the idle screw pointy or flat?

its pointy.

i ran fabulus for one day, about 4 weeks ago. idled fine then.

did you try the vacum test?

no. but the crack around the intake/ carb, looks solid. i dont think anything gets out.

it looks seald but it might not be. just try it

fuck it, ill just put some of that high temp gasket sealent around wher the intake meets the carb..JUST to be safe.

is your throttle cable lubed

when you let go of your throttle does it snap back or do you have to turn it back? if it doesnt come back by itself then thats one of your problems.

the throttle is good, its smooth and it goes back on its own. it doesnt get stuck anywhere. its snaps back wheni release it. today, i derestricted the exhaust.

http://www.puchmoped.blogspot.com/

www.puchmoped.blogspot.com Im studying the pics you have posted Im a lookin mi amigo

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account