Franco morini question

Does anybody know if a franco morini M1 is the same as a M01? My motor only says M1 on it. Sorry, probobly a dumb question, but I dont want to order the wrong parts. Thanx

Re: Franco morini question

Jason Luther /

the M1 is a reed valve engine, so its pretty different. how different im not sure. i bet the top ends are the same, though im not positive

the reed valves are on the cylinder heads right? My head has no reedvalves on it.That's why I'm not sure.

nevermind, just answered my own question. It is a reed valve engine, they're under the intake manifold. Thanx amory "other guy" in the weird moped triangle. Hey, know where to find a performance pipe for the M1 by chance? You would think they would be everywhere, but they sure are not!

mopedwarehouse.com has a few, I think.

1977 has some too, I just picked one up for my bike there.

Polini is the pipe to get.

Hey chriss how's that snark coming along? I cant stand the look of that polini pipe, how it's unpainted and all. Does it perform good though?

The snark is coming along, slowly but surely.

the polini is supposed to have really good gains, Im still working on getting my bike running 100% so its hard to tell as of this point, really weather you like the look of the pipe or not its really the only pipe you can find for those motors.

I suppose I could paint it, but what I dont like is the end piece (tailpipe). I cant see a good pic of it anywhere, but it looks as if the exhaust exits the pipe pointing at the ground? Does it?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account