crank/pedals won't turn

I am trying to figure out why the pedals are stuck my 78puch. When I step down on the pedal its jammed. The fixed gear attached to the motor and drive chain looks rusty so i sprayed it with wd40 no luck. Took off the header and looked at the piston and cylinder and there was nothing chipped etc. Please Help!!!

Re: crank/pedals won't turn

take off left side cover see if you can turn the fylwheel.

took off cover w puch logo and reached in to turn fly wheel tried to turn it in both directions and couldnt. didnt pull of the shell that covers the inner piece with the copper wire etc. But I reached in with my fingers and could not budge in either direction. Any ideas on what the next step should be? Im hoping i dont have to take off the motor.

your engine could be seized...

Yeah, sounds to me like it's seized. It sometimes happens when running too lean.

Is it possible realistic to repair? or should i try to pick up a new/used motor?

if you are on the hefty side just keep on jamming on the pedals to hope to unseize it

but its not that hard to unseize an engine i did one like three days ago all you need is wd40 and patience and thats it, i have a 77 puch maxi and it turns free now

ok ill keep trying. How hard was yours stuck i can jump up and down on the peddle and its froze...

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account