K&N Question

Any body know what size or part# K&N air filter the QT50 uses?

Re: K&N Question

The part number that will fit (K&N) is RC-2540, here’s the link:

http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=RC-2540

You'll need to remove the factory rubber seal attached to the carb that connects the carb and stock air cleaner.

thanks a million man thats perfect. hows the flow ? is it necessary to re jet?

Flow is much better than stock. I didn't have to rejet, but I did move the notch up one on my carb needle. I've since added an aftermarket exhaust and jetted up a size from stock. Removing that rubber seal on the carb helps a lot as far as performance goes, it gets rid of that 25 mph hesitation that many of these bikes experience.

this QT seems to do about 35 stock almost 40 in its stock configuration, whitch i know is wierd but the first few times i rode it after i tuned it up and dipped the carb the speedo was pegged at 30 so to see what it could do I took it to the flattest spot i could find and ran it next to a car with a digital speedo. I would like to put a 60 kit on it but the engine only has 800 Miles on it so i wouldn't feel right about scraping a head thats bearly broken in. o in the mean time in restricted to bolt on prefomance parts.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account