size of rear sprocket on 2speed maxi

How many tooth is the rear sprocket supposed to be on the 1978 puch maxi with a 2speed?

Thanks, DANIEL

Re: size of rear sprocket on 2speed maxi

well it's kind of hard without knowing hp and type of wheel bike model let me get my trusty dusty parts manual here it looks like for the spoke rims with 1.5 and 2 hp motors maxi newport II use a 40 tooth and the 1 hp spoke wheel newport II uses a 45 tooth.

The maxi sport mkII and maxi SP. L s2 with 1,5 and 2 hp motors with a 5 star mag. rim uses a 40 tooth. those same bikes with a 1 hp motor and 5 stars use a 45 tooth.now as for snoflake equiped mag bikes i'll have to look further for those.HTH.jim

yeah looking at your personal info and seeing your bike it looks to me it's a sport mk II not a luxe as my book says luxes' are one speeds and you have sno flakes wheels let me find my other book. The way I can tell it's not a luxe is the rear rack the way it connects to the shock the shock itself is coiled. luxes' just had covers on their shocks also the long seat the luxes' had small seats.

Rear sprocket size for sno flakes this is for magnums with 2 speeds though but still should apply for 1hp 2 speed motors 45 tooth for 1,5 and 2 hp motors with sno flakes 40 tooth sprockets.HTH.Jim

hey jim thanks alot for taking your time and looking that up for me. and i wasnt shure what kind of model it was cas the sidecover stickers were missing. thanks, DANIEL

Nor Cal Mopeds /

Lazy.. why dont you just count?

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account