Oil pump crack fix??

Any one have a ingenious ideas on fixing my cracked oil pump? It doesn't leak terribly and still functions, but it's cracked all the way through around one of the fastener holes. I could try some epoxy/jb weld type shit, but I've never had good luck w/ that stuff in the past. I guess I just need it to seal. It wouldn't be a structural weld.

Show me your brilliance. I'll put up a pic here in a sec.

THANKS

Re: Oil pump crack fix??

Remove it and premix your oil.

Grey

Adam Wilson /

Is premixing a better way to go??

Guess I could do that, although I like just filling up at the gas station.

clean the area real good with brake clean really forcing it into the crack, first get as much oil out of the pump as you can,dri it real good I like using a heat gun or a hair dryer will work sand the shit out of the crack with some 80 grit spray it with brake clean again then take some silicone seal and with your thumb or finger force the sealer into the crack crossways across the crack so it goes into the crack then goop it on the outside so its covered good dont screw with it for a couple of days then see how it works ,please no wise guys nailing me about rubbing cracks

Adam Wilson /

Thanks Dan...I'll see what I can do. Got a couple people offering me replacements for pretty cheap so I'll probably just go that way.

Thanks again.

You will find a lot of oil pumps for sale. Many-many Tomos riders have taken them off and are running premix.

Adam Wilson /

what's the advantage of running premix?

You can control your mix ratio, and you know that if your engine is running its getting oil. Another nice thing is with the oil tank gone, you have a nice under seat storage and no more leaking oil lines.

Grey

Adam Wilson /

No doubt on the leaky line and crap all over my bike. May just have to go w/ the premix situation. Sounds like it's the "in" thing to do.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account