MOBY VARIATOR PROBS

my 80 moby variator seems to have stopped working under load.........she works fine when shes on the stand, but she is slow out of the hole and the motor doesnt move.....Im assuming it needs grease..any ideas on what to use to grease the clutch?

Re: MOBY VARIATOR PROBS

See Ya Moped Army /

Make sure the exhaust isn't clogged. That will also cause the motor not to pull in under load.

I just snapped the muffler stud off checking that and it was pretty clean inside .LOL.......it seems to rev up fine and pull in on the stand..shes just flat as hell outta the hole..this one has about 700 original miles....she usually runs good.........dont know what happened.....maybe she does need decarbonizing,,,,,,she still maxes out the same...she just doesnt scream outta the hole like she normally does and like ya said she doesnt pull in......Im gonna take one of my extra mufflers and clean it at work with a media blaster......stick it on and see if it helps....head might be cruddy too

i took it down the block with no muffler and it didnt pull in..so it must just be sticking some......

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account