Tomos A3 Coil Rewire Fix

Jesse Stephenson /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

On a 1990 A3 Silver Bullet with turn signals (and the 12V reg to go with it) I was having serious ignition problems. The bike came with the capacitor (condensor) being wired up outside of the stator assembly on the side of the bike but not grounded. So not really in the circuit at all. New points, condensor, HT coil, and spark cap didn't get it running. The only thing left was the coil on the stator. Inside there is three coils, one for the lighting, one for the ignition, and one that is there but not wired to anything. I wired up the other coil to the ignition and removed the original coil. Works fine with a healthy spark. The final is the original HT coil, a condensor from a Moby wired outside of the stator along the side of the bike, NGK spark cap, new points, and the other coil running the whole thing. I'm not sure why its even there since nothing was running off of it but in a pinch it can probably serve as a replacement for either coil. Just some info to throw in the collective.

This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account