how to: fork/shock seal?

the left shock on my pacer forks is leaking fluid by the black rubber boot. How do I go about fixing this? This is one thing I've never had to do before.

Re: how to: fork/shock seal?

first put down the joint second go buy a new shock cause like it owner its toast

i bet leaking shocks can be fixed .. probably cost ya 10 or 20 times what a new shock would.

hey dan .. i was reading about air shock leaks .. some guy says to try Fix-a-flat or Slime .. whatayou think.

id say try but he has oil coming out which tells me there oil shocks but incase your talking about someone elses ped shit as long as you can get it in there its worth a try I am like you a fixer of shit not a replacer of shit like a lot of young guys are

the air shock things sounds kinda squirrley, but who knows.

yeah, a broken oil seal or whatever means the shock a gonner .. i was talking about a shock manufacturer disassembling a shock to replace the seal.

parts 3 cents

labor $194

hahaha dan asshole. By replacing the shock you mean the entire forks, or are their shocks inside the tubes?

HEY! who told you what my middle name is ? if the shock is in the fork I kinda dought its part of the fork itself it could very well be an insert take the rubber boot off and see if it unscrews or somthing im not real familiar with that brand ped but they wouldnt make it so you have to replace the whole fork WOULD THEY,? they just might in which case ride it like it is

and sorry about that crack dude it was uncalled for

that crossed my mind, the shocks seem to work fine . I would just have to keep an eye on the fluid level. But I want to make this ped really nice and clean so eventually I'll fix it so I may as well get it over with now. If I have to buy forks then I geuss I will.But I'm definately gonna try to fix mine before I do that.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account