air intake sensitivity

This is more of a observation than a question,while fiddling with my maxi i wanted to see just how sensitive the carb was to air flow amounts so i started by takeing the air box off it would idle but not rev.WOOOP WOOOOP ,so i took the filter out and put the air box back on idle but not rev wooop wooop,so then i put the filter back in and just took out the tube that goes into the frame woop wooop no rev put it all back the way it was ran fine observation dont leave anyparts out of your air box and make sure its sealed together properly or it will run like shit ,ok lets hear it guys!

Re: air intake sensitivity

Jason Luther /

yeah im surprised too how sensitive my maxi is to all different kinds of air conditions. i have bored out my carb and intake to 15mm and a difference of 20 degrees will make it run rich or a little lean, right about 75 is perfect. Dan, remove that snorkle thing and up jet, itll put on a couple mph for ya

funny you should mention that I just put a kit in my carb and it did increase my mphbut as far as wether it was a bigger jet ? i bought the kit off ebay no info but when i looked at the jet the little hole looked bigger but i didnt have to change anythinh=g as far as air goes it screams tho

Jason Luther /

all you did was put a new jet in? or a whole new carb?

I PUT A REBUILD KIT IN IT NEEDLE AND SEAT MAIN JET, JET PIN FLOAT, GASKETS BUT IT DIDNT COME WITH ANY SPECS IT WAS AN OPENED PACKAGE THAT I GOT OFF EBAY ITEM # 190002007903 CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account