current but no spark, why?

Im trying to get a 79 express II running. Everything is fine but it has no spark. There is current there, I can feel it, but its got no spark. Is the coil bad? any suggestions?

Re: current but no spark, why?

it could be your gaping on the points should be 15-10 thousandths

when you say current you mean at the plug?

if you get zapped when you hold the spark plug wire then you have spark the plugs bad

Ive tried two different plugs. Both split fires, I dont run them anymore cause I heard they can mess up your cylinder. ONe is almost brand new. But if I put my finger on the tip of the plug and kick theh engine over I can feel current. But I cant see any spark. I guess Ill try a regular plug on the off chance that both these plugs are bad.

When you say points, you mean the gaping on the plug? Or something else?

not bad plugs just not the right plugs

Generally, I refer to NGK when getting plugs for my bikes. A B6HS or equivalent should be the right fit for most stock mopeds, and I use a B7HS or equivalent in any kitted bike when I need a hotter spark. Having the wrong plug can make a ped run shoddily, and/or take forever to start!

These slit fires are the ones that cross reference with the original ngk plugs and the current champion plugs Im running.

you make some kick ass sausage

Dear HUFFY PUFFY I do believe it is time for some life style changes

Its not the high the number the hotter the plugs its the lower the hotter

thanks dan lol

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account