HELP WITH RUNNING OLD MOPED!!!

ok so me and my buddy have a lb50 yamaha chappy we are fixing up. basically no parts or anything were damaged when he rode it two years ago. he just got it real dirty running it through the dirt and mud. so i figured it just needed to be cleaned. after putting fresh gas and new oil in, we let it idle for a while and sprayed choke and carb cleaner in the carb and it started running a lot better. within an hour we finally got it to run and go about 25mph. but it used to go 40-45mph when he used to drive it two years ago. my guess is the carb is dirty and shit needs to be cleaned is this right? but what else could be keeping it from running at top speed of 45mph?

1152677807_picture_004.jpg

Re: HELP WITH RUNNING OLD MOPED!!!

Blaine- The artist formerly known as Plumber Crack "(OFMC)" /

it sounds like vapor lock, doen't it, dan?

OK I guess I deserve that now figure out why my brake lite shuts off my engine

actualy a real good carb cleanin will do wonders dont you think if just spraying carb cleaner in it helped think what putting it inside will do for the polarity of the pencil

Tire size, how much weight have you put on? lol...If I remember these things had a 2spd trans? stuck in low? Carb cleaning should help...fresh plug and gaped right? Dragging brake from bent lever or binding cable from rough use or crash damage? Good luck!

Did you check to see if your wuffler is plugged or maybe the exhaust manifold they carbon up this will slow down the bike.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account