'79 qt50 yamaha FUEL LEAK AT BOTTOM CARB SCREW

PLEASE HELP: I HAVE TWO QT50 YAMAHA I JUST GOT. ONE OF THEM WHEN YOU SHUT IT OFF IT LEAKS FUEL OUT OF THE LOWER PORT OR CARB SCREW IF YOU START IT BACK UP IT APPEARS TO STOP LEAKING. THE NEXT DAY THE TANK IS DRY AND MY GARAGE HAS A PUDDLE. P.S. IT STILL HAPPENS WHEN THE TANK PETCOCK IS SHUT OFF. ANY OPINION WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED.

Re: '79 qt50 yamaha FUEL LEAK AT BOTTOM CARB SCREW

cut the caps.. we aint deeef ..

if the petcock is off and fuel still leaks, the petcock or the tank itself is leaking..

chances are the petcock is leaking .. fuel flows into the carb at all times AND the carb has a leak, so it gets on the floor..

track them leaks down and fix 'em. Clean everything spotless. Put a bit of fuel into the tank and observe closely.

you just got the bikes so give them a throrough going over.. get the 2 QT manuals on this page and read Fred's Guide at the top of that page

Re: '79 qt50 yamaha FUEL LEAK AT BOTTOM CARB SCREW

hey pull on the black line near the carb not to hard but if it comes un done look at the end it will probably have a metal toob on the end take that off and gently with a hammer tap it back into its place i dont know if this is your problem but it was mine

'79 qt50 yamaha FUEL LEAK AT BOTTOM CARB SCREW

Not sure what the answer to your question is but I just noticed that you were from the Shawnee area. I'm just east of K-7 and Johnson Dr. Yourself? I actually own a QT50 but I haven't even looked at it yet. Too many projects come before it.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account