Puch/Penny Carb Issue

D rew /
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

So, my 1977 Puch/Penny Pinto has not been idling for a while now, and my concern has been growing steadily from minor problem to "what the hell?!" (although I'm not about to type in all caps and curse like the dickens like some others here on the forum, lol).

Anyway, after the ten zillionth time of cleaning the carb, I found a teeny-weeny incongruency between my carb and the Puch carb diagram found on the mopedriders.org website. I'm apparently missing a little jet of some sort in the fuel input-banjo bolt thing (see picture), but I cannot figure out for the life of me what the thing is called, let alone find one anywhere. The Puch Bing carb diagram I'm using is from the 1980-81 mopeds, but these carbs did not change any, to the best of my knowledge, from the time my pinto was built to 81.

It seems silly that one pinhead-sized chunk of metal can prevent a moped from operating smoothly, but that's the only thing I can find wrong in the carb, where the idling problem seems to be stemming from.

So, coulc this little piece be my problem-does idling rely on this? And where can I find another?

thanks for your help...!

1152409482_carbthing.jpg
This single post is part of a larger thread. Start from the top or view this post in context.

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account