Motobecane Issues

I tightened the exhaust bolt (does this have a proper name) and now I can't go over 20mph. It starts right away and gains speed only slightly slower than it did before this problem occurred. I think the problem might be a clog in the carb, though, so I am going to clean that tomorrow. I guess my question is, would tightening that bolt change anything? The arrows point to it in the pic.

Thanks.

Re: Motobecane Issues

of course not thats just the exhaust unless it was loose when you took it apart and it was running faster because the exhaust was running open header other than that it wouldnt effect anything

Leon Swarmer /

if your muffler /exhaust system is plugged up, having a leak there could help it run quite a bit better. clean the pipe/muffler.

Do a search

amazingly clean exterior BTW

Laeon

Did that stator assembly come chrome like that or did you have it done? Either way that is hot.

they all look that way under the gray plastic covers

It looks great when it is polished.

I got it running again, too. I just made some adjustments to the carb.

no mine isnt chrome

its got kind of a gold color to it

I am pretty sure mine is chrome.

Who's moby is that in the pic? Looks like an oldie.

It is an oldie. It is from a French site whose URL I can't seem to find again. It has the same exhaust set up as mine. I wish I could find the site again, the ped is in perfect condition.

« Go to Topics — end of thread

Want to post in this forum? We'd love to have you join the discussion, but first:

Login or Create Account